Shakira is one of the most successful and beloved musical artists in the world. Since emerging on the Latin American music scene in the 1990s, the Colombian singer has captivated global audiences with her powerful voice, impressive dance moves, and catchy pop songs.
But beyond her vocal talents and iconic hip shaking, Shakira is also admired for her fit, toned physique. So how much does the curvaceous superstar actually weigh?
An Introduction to Shakira’s Background
Born Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll on February 2, 1977 in Barranquilla, Colombia, Shakira revealed her talents for singing, dancing, and songwriting from a very young age. She signed her first record deal at just 13 years old and released her debut studio album “Magia” in 1991 when she was only 14.
Shakira’s unique blend of rock, pop and Latin influences quickly earned her fans across Latin America. Her third album “Pies Descalzos” brought her mainstream success in 1996.
But it was her fourth album “Laundry Service” in 2001, including hits like “Whenever, Wherever” and “Underneath Your Clothes”, that catapulted Shakira to global fame. She made her English language debut and broke into the competitive US market.
Since then, Shakira has continued to release chart-topping albums, headline massive concert tours, and collaborate with top artists like Beyoncé, Rihanna, and Alejandro Sanz. She is one of the best-selling Latin music artists of all time, having sold over 80 million records worldwide.
Beyond her music, Shakira is also well-known for her dance abilities, especially her signature belly dancing moves. Her choreography is a key part of her energetic performances. Shakira even served as a judge on the popular reality TV show “The Voice” from 2013 to 2014.
Shakira’s Vital Statistics – Height, Weight, and Measurements
So just how tall is Shakira and how much does she weigh? According to reports, Shakira stands at 5 feet 2 inches tall, or approximately 157 centimeters. She maintains a weight of around 54 kilograms, which converts to 119 pounds.
Shakira has an hourglass figure that measures at 34-24-35 inches, or 86-61-89 centimeters. Her petite yet curvaceous frame allows her to move her body gracefully during choreography.
Many fans are curious about Shakira’s bra cup size as well. Though she has never publicly confirmed the details, reports estimate her bra size to be around 32C.
Shakira’s weight often fluctuates slightly due to her demanding career and remaining fit. During her pregnancies, she understandably gained nearly 20 pounds. But she was dedicated to losing the baby weight through healthy diet and exercise.
Shakira’s Fitness Routine and Diet
Shakira works extremely hard to stay in peak physical condition, which is necessary for her energetic performances. She reportedly spends two hours every day doing a mix of exercises to keep her body toned and her weight balanced.
Her fitness routine includes a variety of aerobic exercises to build endurance, like walking, running, and swimming. Shakira also does dance-inspired workouts, including Zumba and belly dancing, which she enjoys.
For strength training, Shakira focuses on toning her arms, core, legs, and famous abs with moves like planks, push ups, and squats. She sometimes uses light weights or resistance bands to add intensity.
Shakira practices yoga and Pilates regularly to increase her flexibility, balance, and posture. She particularly credits Pilates for her sculpted figure and lean muscle tone.
To complement her training, Shakira follows a primarily plant-based diet high in whole foods like fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and healthy grains. Her diet is low in processed foods and added sugars.
Shakira has said she avoids eating red meat and greatly limits her dairy intake to only occasional yogurt. She drinks plenty of water to stay hydrated.
Her diet allows for some cheat meals though. Shakira admits she sometimes indulges in desserts like chocolate, her favorite treat, as well as wine. But she focuses on moderation and balance in her eating habits overall.
Shakira’s Impressive Career Achievements and Philanthropy
Shakira is undoubtedly one of the most successful Latin crossover artists of all time. She has released 11 studio albums and served as a coach on the American talent show “The Voice.”
Some of Shakira’s major career highlights and accolades include:
- Over 80 million records sold globally, making her the best-selling Colombian artist ever.
- 3 Grammy Awards out of 12 nominations, including Best Latin Pop Album for “Shakira: MTV Unplugged” (2000).
- 13 Latin Grammy Awards, the most for a female artist.
- 4 MTV Video Music Awards, including a nomination for Video of the Year in 2006.
- Billboard Latin Music Hall of Fame inductee (2011).
- Hollywood Walk of Fame Star recipient (2011).
- First artist to perform a Spanish language song at the Super Bowl (2020).
In addition to her singing and performing, Shakira is dedicated to philanthropic work, especially for children’s causes. In 1997, she founded the Pies Descalzos Foundation to provide education programs for impoverished children in Colombia.
According to its website, the foundation has provided education to over 6,000 children through six schools across Colombia. Shakira also served as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador from 2003-2007.
Shakira’s Personal Life – Family, Relationships, and Fun Facts
Though intensely private about her personal life, there are some fun facts known about Shakira’s life off stage:
- She has been in a relationship with Spanish soccer star Gerard Piqué since 2011. They have two sons together, Milan (b. 2013) and Sasha (b. 2015) .
- Shakira was previously in an 11-year relationship with Argentinian lawyer Antonio de la Rúa, son of a former president of Argentina, until their separation in 2010.
- She has won several major beauty pageants, including Miss Hispanic America in 1998.
- Shakira’s name means “grateful” in Arabic. Her father is of Lebanese descent.
- She was invited to the White House in 2014 by President Obama to discuss early childhood development.
- Shakira speaks multiple languages – she’s fluent in both English and Spanish, as well as Portuguese, Italian and some Arabic.
- She made history as the first person to reach 100 million likes on Facebook in March 2014.
- Her song “Waka Waka” was chosen as the official 2010 FIFA World Cup anthem. It’s one of the best-selling World Cup songs ever.
In Conclusion: Why Shakira’s Weight Doesn’t Define Her Success
While many fans are curious about Shakira’s weight and body measurements, what’s most important is that she maintains a healthy lifestyle to complement her demanding career.
Though she weighs only around 119 pounds, Shakira has an athletic, feminine physique that allows her to put on energetic performances filled with dance. She stays active with a mix of aerobic exercise and strength training.
Her primarily plant-based diet focused on whole foods, with some room for moderation and balance, gives Shakira the nutrients she needs. She also hydrates well to support her active routine.
But beyond her impressive physique, Shakira should be admired most for her decades of chart-topping hits, philanthropic endeavors, and status as a Latin music icon.
She serves as an inspiration to millions of fans globally. So while her weight may fluctuate, Shakira’s legacy as one of the most talented and business-savvy artists today remains undisputed.
- Shakira is approximately 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs around 54 kg or 119 pounds.
- She maintains her fit physique through a mix of dance, Pilates, strength training, and cardio exercise about 2 hours daily.
- Her diet is mainly plant-based, focused on whole foods like produce, nuts, and legumes, with some lean proteins and occasional indulgences.
- Beyond her weight and looks, Shakira has achieved enormous success as a singer, dancer, and philanthropist.
- What matters most is that Shakira leads a healthy, balanced lifestyle to fuel her demanding career.
Shakira’s exact weight tends to fluctuate, but she consistently maintains a fit, toned physique through dedication to daily exercise and a largely plant-based diet. While her measurements and looks may draw attention, Shakira’s true legacy stems from her talents as one of the most popular Latin crossover stars worldwide. With over 80 million records sold and her iconic voice and dance moves, Shakira remains one of the hardest working and most philanthropic women in the music industry today.